The Fintech Surge Advance Team is a group of Fintech leaders from around the world engaging in
year-round activities from online discussions, closed-door meetings, webinars, interviews, and
in-person meetups in Dubai.
Anders Jensen, Managing Director Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Confirmation (Part of Thomson Reuters)
The pandemic turned a medical emergency into a global macroeconomic crisis, causing market
volatility and markets to suffer losses unseen since the 2008 financial crisis. Meanwhile
we're witnessing an increase of financial statement fraud. Economic booms help fraudsters
paper over cracks in their accounts, from fictitious investment returns to exaggerated
sales. Slowdowns rip the covering off leaving financial institutions and other stakeholders
to suffer the consequences.
The most recent case by Luckin Coffee, NMC Health and Wirecard, where they disclosed a
€1.9bn hole in its accounts will not be the last cases we’ll see. Now more than
before, the role of technology in detecting and preventing fraud is crucial. In a session
with Confirmation, part of Thomson Reuters, Anders Jensen, Managing Director MENA will
The new opportunities for financial statement fraud brought by the pandemic
The risks of traditional communication processes and working with legacy systems and
The benefits of financial institutions innovating in this area and the role of technology in
detecting and preventing financial crime
Partnering with third parties to mitigate risk and accelerate growth
Confirmation is the leading digital platform and global network for confirming financial
data. Banks receive thousands of mailed, emailed and faxed confirmation requests from
auditors each year. Responding is tedious and time-consuming. That’s where
Confirmation comes in. We help financial institutions around the world serve their clients
more efficiently, find truth in financial data and detect fraud. Join Confirmation, part of
Thomson Reuters, where Anders Jensen, Managing Director MENA will explore how the
Confirmation platform helps financial institutions save time and money because of the
streamlined process and standardised inputs.
“FinTech & Embedded Finance: Role of Emerging Technologies”
- Certificate of Participation in Passbook format
- The top 3 participants will receive access to our Online FinTech Program
USD $4100 as a prize)
Mid- to Senior Management & Techno-Strategic and Techno-Functional roles
Duration: 3 Hours x 2 Days = 6 Hours Total
Why should one attend: Hands-on Program with practical
insights and case studies.
Pre-Requisites: Should have basic understanding of Banking
Internet. Should carry laptop or Smartphone for Group activities.
- Overview of Various Core FinTech Subdomains: PayTech, LendingTech,
WealthTech, RegTech & SupTech.
- Overview of Key Emerging Technologies: API Economy, Blockchain, AI/ML,
Big Data and AR/VR.
- Importance of Creating win-win business models
- Co-Create vs Collaborate vs Compete
- When to Partner-With whom to partner – How to Partner
- Role of Digital Design Thinking ( Case Studies):
- Technology Selection Framework
- Creating Habit Forming Products
Understanding Traditional Bank DNA vs FinTech DNA and Product vs Solution
- Payment & Lending
- Defi Ecosystem
- RoboAdvisory, Social/Copy Trading and other Emerging Trends.
- Innovative Insurance Products
- Dissecting Neobanking Models
Learning from Leading Global Regulatory Sandboxes
- UK Sandbox
- India (RBI, IRDA, SEBI Sandboxes)
- ADGM RegLab
- Building Innovative FinTech Business Model
About SP Jain School of Global Management:
Awards & Recognition: